Wednesday, January 31, 2007

OUR DAY IN COURT

Our day started at 5:30 am, no matter what time you go into wake Angelena up in the morning, you almost ALWAYS GET this sleepy smile... Is she just the CUTIEST!!!

After a diaper change, hair brushed, wash down, and dressed Angelena sits so proudly on Mommy's bed to take pictures.





And yes she still have the sleepy in her eyes because it is early and mommy woke her up to get dress, and go into the car to go back to sleep! Just to let everyone know, she had a snow suit over her dress... IT is really cold here in TX these days.

So off to court we go... Mommy follows the directions from Map Quest... SO EVERYONE know how that went... We did get lost, and just so happens the exit we take to turn around had a Starbucks on the corner... So mommy pulled in there to get a little bit of "THAWING JUICE". Then back on the road again... The only problem with this is, the traffic going the other was was really bad.... Needless to say, we made it to the Court house on TIME!!!! We parked and made our way though security, up the elevator, down the hall and waited.... Our wonderful Attorney shows up with another family that are doing the re adoption too! We all talked alittle, and off the attorney went in to court room, as we waited till we were called. Once we were called in, we went up to the front and stood infront of the Judge, gave oath, our attorney presented our case, and the Judge GRANTED IT! It was Officailly OFFICIAL! We ask the judge if we could take a picture and she agreed (SEE BELOW)



After we were done, we waited in the holding cell for the other family to do their re-adoption and then we all went out to the hall as Our Attorney went and had the orders Certified.

Now, let me tell you alittle about the other family... As you remember way back in my blog, I did an entry in regards to FATE.... I corolated things with dates, names, timings, and the synchronicity of the whole adoption...

The wonderful family that was doing their re adoption named their daughter: "Wendy Elizabeth" . For those who don't know this, I have a cousin named Elizabeth, and her nick name is Wendy... She was the cousin that went with my mom and me to Guatemala the first time to meet Angelena.

With no further ado... This is Miss Wendy and Miss Angelena together after their court hearing...




The next couple of pictures are of Little Miss Wendy's parents Phyllis and Alan, and the very last picture is all of us together with our Attorney Ms. Jody Hall, of Adoptions International of Dallas TX.









Once we all went out of the Court house, guess what we found....

SNOW!!! Yep that's right, it was snowing in Dallas... I drove to my work, let everyone see Angelena, then went to the Agency's Office. And guess who was there..... Phyllis, Alan, and Wendy! Yahoo! We all talked a little, watch the kids play, visited with Olga, the coordinator that helped us out through out the adoption... Something I noticed... Olga LOVES kids... I think she needs a few!!!

HINT HINT OLGA... I know you read this!!!

Away... we went home, and say grandma... She was so happy to see us. Unfortuantly, she was able to go with us to the court, grandma has been under the weather and I really didn't think it would have been wise to let her out into the cold weather... Not to mention, Anglena was a little sick to. The day before our court date, she was running a fever, runny nose, coughing, and that other thing that I need rubber gloves for!!! But, luckily, she was doing better for her court date!

Well that's all for now!

7 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Angelena looked sooo cute. I love the dress and headband. Where did you find those?


You know me, 28 days to shop!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your final adoption Ellie.
You are the picture of motherhood, and
Angelena is darling. I love how you fixed her
hair. Best wishes.
Jeanne

Angel said...

YAY! I am glad it all went well. She looks SOOOOO cute. Thanks for my birthday wishes. I had a great one. :0) Angel

Calico Sky said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am so very very happy for you!!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!

Princess D said...

Angelena is so cute. She reminds me a little bit of our Daniela. I love how you decorated her helmet. We are another Bay Area Family. It is so expensive here though we talk about moving to Texas all the time LOL

D

Anonymous said...

Ellie I am so happy for you Angelena is a very beautiful baby girl I hope we can see you again before she is all grown Up. Loe Ya your MIDwest Cousin Deanna

Crystal said...

Ellie--(I love your name!!!!) Your sweet little babycake just cannot get any cuter!!!!! How do you get anything done--I would just have to kiss her all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is just too cute for words!!!!! YOU TWO ARE JUST THE CUTEST!!!! I am so happy for you it is all done!!!! HUGS!!!!!

PS--thank you for your sweet comment on my blog you are just as cute as you can be!!!!! :o)