Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day in Dallas






Ok, I have a little time this morning because I don't have to go to work today. They closed the office due to SNOW... Boy I sure am going to miss that once we leave TX and go back to CA... To bad CA don't have Earthquake Day or Beach Day or even Fun Day....HAHAHA... WORK WORK WORK AND NO PLAY... NOT! It is always fun in CA... You just have to know where to go and what to do, but mostly stay away from the tourist!


Now... Angelena is doing wonderful. Even since I have had her, she sleeps ALL NIGHT... Except when she is sick. (which isn't that often) I feel like she has been teething forever, and only has 2 teeth, and they came in over Thanksgiving. I am thinking I need to take stock in Orejel or those little teething tablets.







I am having a jealous moment: Angelena looks at her Grandma with this most sweet and loving look. Smiles and babels, kicks and giggles, and the look of so much love... She does all that with me too, but the LOOK, it is a different look at grandma... I AM SO HAPPY THAT GRANDMA IS HERE WITH US TO SHARE THESE SPECIAL MOMENTS. Oh, did I mention the TWINKLE in Grandma's eye now, even when she just says Angelena's name... IT IS GREAT!


HEAD UPDATE: Cute nickname - Helmet Girl- is shaping up fine.... NO PUN INTENDED! There has been growth on the flat side and we have had to get the helmet adjusted 2 times. The third adjustment will be this Monday. We are half way through the process! When we were at her doctor Appt the other day getting the adjustment, the brought in her head mold from before we stated, and you can see the difference already! It is really neat how things are now a days, and what they can do for people! It seems to amaze me everyday when I see new stuff...

Moving Update: The real estate agent said she thinks the house will sell pretty quick for a couple of reasons: 1 we are the only house in the neighborhood that is for sale, 2 we are in a prime location, 3 we will be just starting into spring, and that is when the houses start selling, and 4 WE ARE MOTIVATIVE!!! So, it could be as soon as March!!!

Favorite Picture of the day:


(NOTE BIB: HIGH MAINTENANCE)

3 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Hey, you got a problem with tourist??? HAHAHA!! Snow in Texas. WOW!! We are suppose to get snow again this weekend. I hope they are wrong. I hate it. Being a nurse, we don't get snow days. Angelena is so beautiful. They always look at grandma different. Not sure why. I love the last picture. She is a way too cool dude!!!

bodegalee said...

Your daughter is so beautiful... I think we're just about to launch into an adoption from Guatemala!! Hey I hope you dont mind as I'd found your blog thru blog land and you dont really know me.. someone from one of my Korean adoption lists just brought home a baby boy who may need a helmet like Angelena and I referred her to your blog. Anyway, just wanted to let you know, and again hope that was ok....Love all the great pics!
Leigh

Wendy said...

I am thrilled the helmet is working. Ahren's head is badly mishapen but becasue he is still stuck down there we have missed the window of opportunity to fix it. I guess he is lucky he has a full head of curls to hide his lopsided skull. Any news on the CHD?