Thursday, January 25, 2007

Bad Hair Day


Bad Hair Day
Ok, in these pictures Angelena is only 8 months old... How in the world does a 8 month old baby have so much hair... SOOOOOOOO much hair, that mommy is completely clueless on how to fix it...
Get this:
1) she has 2 cow licks... one in the front that goes to the right, and on on the crown of her head that goes to the left... So imagine this... THEY HAVE TO MEET SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE? WRONG! THEY MEEAT EVERYWHERE...
2) with her head shape, head band WILL NOT stay in. I even went as far as to bobby pin them in... BUT HER HAIR is so Soft and thin the bobby pins fall out, and I don't want her to choke on them...
3) As said above, her hair is so thin and silky, nothing stays in it... Hair clips, Bobby Pins, etc... everything just slips out...
4) Little rubber bands work... But, you try keeping you hair in pony tails day in and day out... I can say the pony tails do hold her helmet in place... But, that helmet isn't going to be her forever...
5) I tried those head wraps that are made out of nylon, with the pretty bows on them... Well, we come into the head shape problem again... AND, I am not really sure where to put them... Under the ears, Over the ears, Behind the ears... Regardless.... SHE DON'T LIKE IT...
So with that.... HELP!!!! SOS!!!! WHAT SHALL I DO!!!
OH I SHOULD MENTION: I WILL NOT CUT HER HAIR, We have come this far to get it this long... (trying to manage better), that I figure cutting it short, would start the problems all over again... And, I would be afaid that the curls won't grow back... Considering only 1 side of her head actually has curls, the other side has straight hair....
CALL ALL BLOGGER FRIENDS>>>>> SOS!!!

5 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Looks like you planted a wig on that kids head. Have you tried some gel??? I totally agree, DO NOT CUT IT!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Ellie,
Maybe not cut her hair, only trim in specific places to make it more manageable. I would enlist the help of a stylist. She is beautiful Ellie.
Jeanne

Wendy said...

Good lord that is a lot of hair! Try using the little metal clips that fasten in place when you bend them. They hold fine hair pretty well, especially if you add a dab of gel before placing them. Maybe you should look into cornrows??? (Just kidding) As it gets longer it will get easier to tame. Also, little braids you put in while the hair is wet help. Again, a little gel is great!

Crystal said...

Elle--I love your name!!! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!!! You are just the sweetest!!! I was a lurker when you picked up Angelina and I hung on your every word--she is so beautiful --your blog gave me hope they really do come home!!! Your baby girl is so so so beautiful!!! Can you send just a little bit of that hair over here!!! We don't have much but that is okay!!! I can't get over that hair!!! so so so pretty!!! again thank you for your comment I am so so so glad you are posting again!!! hugs xoxxo

Mama Bunny said...

I never realized how much hair that sweet girl has!!! Goodness gracious. Can you try braiding it sometimes?