Thursday, March 15, 2007

Catchin' Up.... And other what NOT's

First let me startby saying... The 24 hours that I left Angelena went pretty good. Yes, I missed her SOOOOO much, but I had a little fill in... My sister Kathy brought her 3 grand kids to the hotel and spent the night with me... So we had a 7 yr, 5yr and 1yr... And my cousin that lives closed to where I was came over with her daughter 12yrs. So you see... I WAS NOT ALONE... And had kids to pass the time... No news on the out come of my trip, but I will keep you all posted once I know!!!!!!!!

This is a picture of Angelena Hanging out with Gramma.. Notice the little pink slipper on the other side of gramma's leg... SHE HAS ANGELENA Trapped! YOU GO GRANDMA!!!



NOW... HERE IS SOMETHING ELSE!!! We submitted this photo below into a contest, and we received conformation that we have made it into the Semi-Finals, and they want to put publish the picture in the 2007 Photo Book! I just love this picture.... AND LET ME TELL YOU... She is HIGH MAINTANCE... I love the look over the glasses, the poot on the lips, and of course... THIS IS HER ALL THE WAY>>>> WONDER WHERE SHE GETS IT FROM???



Now on to some what NOT's....
I always try to keep this BLOG a neutral place... But I have witnessed a little back lash to a freind of mine, and I thought that a little BLOG Etiquette is needed....
I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion... I also firmly believe, that if I don't agree with someone, I may just give my opinion and then have a DECENT conversation with them to explore everyones views. It doesn't mean that anyone is wrong... Just your own belief's. I feel that, because there is so much you put on your BLOG, that not everyone will agree with you... That is their option... They can just move on, or leave a comment. Some people go into private, which means that you have to be invited to be able to read the blog though a link. People ask to be added, and it is the Bloggers choice to add them or not. This way, the whole world don't have access to your blog, and you can add more intimate information if you feel like it... It is called PRIVATE... And the people that the blogger invites in should respect the blogger, because it is simple.... YOU ARE IN THIER WORLD NOW... OK, now I am rambling again... BUT YOU GET THE JIST OF IT... So with that said, my turn....
As I mentioned above... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there comes a point, that people need to back off... If you like or dislike someone, that is you, but DON'T consitantly hound someone because they feel different about someone. Great- Voice your opinion, but don't go back and keep sending them email's telling them how wrong they are... You may have only seen one side of it... YOUR SIDE... OPEN YOUR MIND, GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE, and allow people to feel what they feel. Just because you got the warm and fussy's doesn't mean everyone else does. And, if you want respect, give it, especially if you were personally invited to a private blog.
All of us in the Adoption Community, have ups and downs, we tend to share our feelings with each other, because not everyone really understands what we are going through. This is a HUGH support system, that I find valuable, it is would be a real shame to know people have given up their Blog, because people think they are above them, or better yet... IGNORANTE.
Ok... I am done...

6 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

First of all let me say that I love the pictures!!!


Secondly I will say YOU GO GIRL!!!! Very well said.

Corey said...

WELL SAID!!!!
Your daughter is an absolute cutie

Alleen said...

Amen!!!

LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! No surprise she made the semi-finals!

Lori said...

I LOVE the pictures! How fun and congratulations on making it to the semi finals!! whoo hoo!!!

The last part... I don't know what happened and I don't need to know, but I'm sorry that someone is harrassing you! You said it best. This is a excellent source of support - I have found out that it is anyway! My blogger community is important to me! And your right it is up to the blogger to invite or not.

Way to go on speaking up!!

Shelby said...

Very well said.
It is no wonder she made the semi-finals. She is beautiful. I love her hair and the cute fuzzy pink slipper!

Wendy said...

Angelena is going to win! How could anyone not just fall in love with that photo. It would be impossible! As for the etiquette, very well said. The journey's we have experienced in the adoption world are hard enough without someone else adding insult to injury. Oh wait, I hope it wasn't me??? Geez, was I being an over-bearing moron again???? Hee!