Thursday, August 10, 2006

WHAT AN AMAZING TRIP



">

There is so much I can say, but don't really know where to start. Angelena is Amazing, Healthy, Happy, Adorable, Sweet, Precious, Cute... I can go on and on...

We arrive in Guatemala at night went though customs, collected our belongings, and made our way through the crowds at the enterence of the airport to the shuttle bus and off to the Hotel. We checked in and went to bed... It was a very long night, knowing that I will be finally holding Angelena in my arms in the morning.

We were in the lobby by 9 am and waited and waited and waited... I ahve been told people in Guatemala have no sense of time... I finally called the interpiter 11:30 am and was told that they had been trying to call the room. Well guess what... We were told to wait in the lobby!!! Apparently there was a problem with the foster mother and she wouldn't be able to get to the hotel until 4:30 that afternoon.... So now what??? I know.... SHOPPING!!! Everyone knows me by now... My stress releaser is SHOPPING.. We walked to a Mall, and checkout some things, but alot of the stuff we could get here in the states, I wanted to buy some Guatemala stuff... So we went to a another section of the city and did some bargining!!! I got a couple of really cute Guat outfits and a blanket. They we went back to the hotel, waited some more, and then.............THERE SHE WAS 5:30 pm... I had my baby in my arms for the first time! OH MY GOD.... What an amazing feeling. Works just cannot express the feelings. We talked a little while with the Foster Mother, and then she left, and we had Angelena the time. I didn't let her leave my sight. It was so wonderful to bond and hold her. We went swimming, played in the community room, went for walks through the hotel, meet alot of wonderful family, had fashion shows, and just enjoyed our time together, getting to know each other. She is one of the sweetest and happiesst babies I have ever seen. She was even happier once she did #2!!! I changed the first one, Aunttie Ginger Changed the second one, because Cousin Lizzie Ran from it, and I sort of changed the 3 rd one... It was going on when she was in the bath... Lucky me! But, it wasn't really that bad. She does who ever like to be clothes free... I think because it was just so hot... Anyway... She slept anywhere form 7-10 hours a night. On the shorter nights it was becasue I was making noise to wake her up so I could play with her (haha). She even does RASBERRIES and makes lots of bubbles... I think she is starting to Teeth too! And that hair... It goes everywhere! She has so much of it!

The hardest part of the whole thing was handing her back. It completely broke my heart, and that is something I will never forget. My heart feels so empty without her, but I know she will be coming home soon. I do have that to look forward to.

I have well over 500 pictures, and 3 hours of video. I look at the pictures everyday, but haven't broke out the video's yet. I am saving those for the days that seem completely unbearable..... Well thats all for now, I will post more pictures later!!!

Hugs

ELLIE

1 comment:

Dominick's Mommy said...

Ellie,
I'm so glad to hear that your trip went well. I just went for my first visit in July, and as you know, words cannot describe how awesome it was! I have to say, I was afraid that the wait would be worse after visiting him, but if anything I think it made it easier. I guess my love for him just made me stronger, and knowing how well taken care of and happy he is. My husband was not able to go with me on the visit trip and it was so awesome to play the vidoe for him and watch the tears roll down his cheeks when he saw our baby saying "da da da da da da...". I hope your wait is short and God gives you the peace he has given me.
Lynn