Tuesday, August 01, 2006


THIS IS IT!!!

We officially leave tomorrow for Guatemala for a Visit! It is finally here. I can only hope that the airplane ride we had from Califonia isn't a sign of what is to come.

Note for people that don't know what happened: We got to the San Francisco airport Monday morning... AFTER fighting the Monday Morning commute to the City, dropped off the rental car, took the shuttle to the airport, lugging 5 suitecases, and mom in her wheelchair caring things too! We get to the airport to turn in out luggage, to find out our Flight had been cancelled! What... yep Cancelled!!! They found us 4 connecting flights all over the western United States to get home, LATE last night, or better yet, earily this morning.. But here are the kickers... We landed in Denver, and there was a security breach... So they wouldn't let anyone off the plane.... Then we had to wait 2 1/2 hours for the next flight... which I alraedy had the tickets, but I thought I would go up and see if we could upgrade.... Guess what... WE HAD INVALID TICKETS... WE WEREN'T even going to get the seats we had tickets for... Someone else alreay had them!!! To make this long story short, the 3 1/2 hour direct flight to get us home to get ready for Guatemala, turned into a 16 hour Airport Tour!

I can actually say, this is the first time in over a year, I slept till 12 noon... I did get up to call work and tell them I wasn't coming in. And of course check my email... But other than that.... SLEEP!!!

So, I am packing tonight, going to work for 1/2 day, then flying out to Guatemala to See ANGELENA!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So be ready to see lots of pictures when we get back!

Hugs and AdiĆ³s

Ellie

1 comment:

Jodi Crubaugh said...

Your baby is beautiful! I know you are excited about going to see her!