Friday, August 18, 2006

DAYDREAMING


I stepped into your room today
Knowing you are not there
This waiting for you Angelena
Is more than I can bear

But taking in the moment
I sat down on the floor
And dreamed of you here with me
When waiting is no more.

A little giggle fills the air
As I rub your little feet
I place my hand upon your heart
To feel its every beat.

A song is sung so very soft
Your eyes begin to close
My angel is meeting me in dream land
A place where love still grows.

My vision now is very blurred
The tears stream down my cheeks
I've dreamed of Angelena quite often
Throughout these past fews weeks.

Suddenly a sound is heard
The phone rings in the hall
Waking up I quickly pray
Please let it be "The Call".
.
.
.
This is a poem that was sent to me last night from my dear friend Ginger. She couldn't have said it more clearly. My heart breaks, and dreams continue, but I know that Angelena will be here sooner than later... She has too!
The ironic thing about this poem; after I read it last night, the phone rang, I was up stairs and I couldn't pick it up. I yelled down to mom to pick it up, and said "Please let it be THE CALL"... Well, it wasn't... But it completely put this poem into perspective.
I look at her pictures and not only dream on her as a baby coming home, but I invision our lives a month, year, 5 years, 10 years and 20 years form now, and think, our lives will never be the same again, and know that this IS a wonderful thing for both of us. For me, to have my ULTIMATE dream come true, and for her to have a life that she made not have gotten if her birthmother had choosen to keep her. Many people say, she is a lucky little girl... But actually, I AM THE LUCKY ONE!
And Grandma can't wait for that day either. She checks with me everyday to see if there is any news... The waiting is INCREDIBLE. It is even worse than when I was a little girl and couldn't wait for Christmas.
I love you Angelena, and can't wait for you to be home so we can start our life together, not only in heart!

No comments: