Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A midnight Letter to Angelo

Angelo,

As I sit here a write this, I wonder what you are doing... Who is holding you, loving you, whispering in your ear, telling you all about us. I always thought you would be with us by now, and spending your first Christmas with your Forever family... But things didn't happen the way they were supposed to... So, last night, I sat wrapping presents, getting food ready for Christmas day and decided to write you a little note.

My Angel in waiting... I have held you in my heart from before you were even born. The brief encounter we had when you were only 7 weeks old felt like a dream. I loved you from the moment the thought of you had entered my mind... I cherished you the moment I met you. I never realized just how big my heart was until I looked into that little face that laid in my arms and asked you... "If you want to be with us, be a strong little man, and you will come home." My heart broke when I had to hand you back. I was afriad that I would never see you again. All I could do was Pray... Wonder... Hope... Dream... I needed you with us so you would have the best possible care. I dream of the day that I will hold you forever in my hands... I dream of the day we are reunited again... I dream of the day your Big Sister will finally meet you.. I wish I could just swope down hold you and run home. Someone, somewhere had a plan for us. We are seeing it through, and will be together forever! So, my little Angel in waiting... On this day, you will be in our hearts and on our minds all day... Knowing that in just a few weeks, we will all be together again, FOREVER.... I know your are with a very loving family that only wants the best for you... They will truely miss you, as I do now. We love you so very much little man.

Merry Christmas -

Love your Forever Mommy

3 comments:

Farrah said...

That was so sweet Ellie....
How awesome for him to read that one day!
And how blessed they are to have you as there mommy..

HUGS girl

Wendy said...

I have tears in my eyes. I can just feel the love you have for this little guy and I know how lucky he is to be your sweet angel. His start in life was rough and I know you had great fear that he might not make it to this day, but he ia little fighter. (He is just like his sister in that he is very stong) I can't wait until you have the two little angles home together. Life is wonderful!!!

Melanie said...

Oh, Ellie-you have captured the perfect Christmas prayer for all of us waiting for our children! I can't wait until you're on that plane to bring Prince Angelo home!! I thought of you Christmas weekend and wondered what you'd get into. I know it's extremely hard right now. Sending a big hug your way. Give the Princesa a squeeze for me, too!
Much love