Monday, October 02, 2006

Pregancy of the Heart...

When people adopt, the child is part of the family the minute they decide to adopt. A love fills in heart, and aches till your child is born, pictures make it more real, and the love grows stonger. It is adoption of the heart, or Pregancy of the Heart... You are in the gestation period of the adoption, and extended 9 months from start to finish... I think that is EVEN HARDER!!!

Our Family Tree
We've added to our family tree
A stronger one to make
A child from another plant
Has become our new namesake.

Just as a limb is grafted
From one tree to another,
It alters and improves the plant
Making it, uniquely, like no other.

Our family tree has been improved
Adoption made this so.
For love, much more than bloodlines,
Makes us thrive and grow.

We chose to share our life and love
And all the joys to come
Our "family tree" has blossomed
With the arrival of our cherished one.

I found that poem, not sure who has written it, but I think this explains feels very well.






1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

Hi Ellie,
It's Kate from the singles site.That was sooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I and have just started my blog.
http://aspecialfamily.blogspot.com

Feel free to link me from your site. I am hoping to start adoption from Guatemala later this year (as soon as my homestudy is done) if Hague doesn't hit!
Your daughter is beautiful