Friday, July 13, 2007

NEWS NEWS NEWS...




My Credit card has been charged... DNA HAS BEEN COMPLETED FOR ANGELO...



Now we sit and wait for the results... Should be about 2 weeks...

His birthmother got to see him and still is willing to let him be raised with his sister...

The day I left Guatemala, I was told they were doing DNA pictures. Well, it has been confirmed that the DNA was completed.

This is a very Happy and Sad moment. Happy, because this is one step closer for Angelo coming home... Sad, because DNA means, his Birth Mother had to sit there with him on her lap, get swabbed, with the baby, to prove that she gave birth to him, and is now giving him up. This also means that the The Birth Mother only has to sign off 2 more time... I couldn't imagine having to go through this... But this is her second time... Which to me would be double hard.


On a good note: when I left Guatemala, I had given Angelo's foster mother a photo book for her to share with Angelo. She asked if I minded that the Birth mother see it, cause they were going to the Attorney's office to do the DNA that very moment. I thought that was sweet. Angelo and Angelena's birth mother would get to see pictures of Angelena and how well she is doing. After I got on the plane, I started thinking... What if she changes her mind... What if she didn't like the pictures she see's... what if... I know it is only normal to feel that way, but hey.... I am a Mommy...

So here is the adoption poem for Angelo... I know I posted this a long time ago for Angelena, but it is now Angelo's turn...

Not flesh of my flesh


Nor bone of my bone,


But still miraculouslyMy own.


Never forget


For a single minute:


You didn't grow under my heart,


But in it.



--Fleur Conkling Heyliger

10 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is great news. Looks like Angelo's process is going to smooth also.

Gail said...

Congratulations!! Hope you get the results VERY SOON!!
Gail

Holly said...

One step closer...I can only imagine that the birthmother is grateful to you for providing such a loving home.

Calico Sky said...

Beautiful post...I love reading about adopters who remember the first family as well.
You are amazing!

redhawks said...

Congrats!! One step closer...
Jen :)

Wendy said...

Any news on how he is feeling? I feel so out of touch when I am down here. You would think I was on Mars and not just another country! I have been thinking about him all the time.

Hugs!

Wendy

JuJu - said...

My Abby-Grace is only 4 days older than he is:)

I hope you guys will join us in Atlanta for some big fun -

I am praying for PA to happen in record time:)

Julia:)

nikki said...

Yippeee DNA!!!!!
Come on Family court!!!!

Candy said...

Thats AWESOME NEWS...girl he is so beautiful...I just want to hug and kiss his little face...

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Congrats! That is the best news and feeling! So glad you found my blog and now I found yours! We have all the same blogging buddies. I don't know how our paths did not cross sooner. Both your children are beautiful! How wonderful that you are able to adopt siblings! It warms and melts my heart!