Monday, July 02, 2007

The Anticipated Hand-off....

Well it is about 5 am and Angelo is finally asleep. We resorted to hanging out in the bathroom so Aunttie Gin and Aunttie Deborah could get some real sleep! Do you know what you can do in a bathroom, in a hotel, with a 7 week old baby? HAHAHA.. First MAKE COFFEE.... then sit and talk to him... rock... sing... look at the walls... and do your own business... ONE HANDED OF COURSE! Motherhood is bliss...

Now back to the title... They are coming to pick up Angelo at 4pm today. When I first got him, I knew we would be handing him back, and I know from past experience, it would be tough. I figured that because I have done this before, it should be fairly easier.... But, now as I have got to know Angelo, I am already crying... He is an amazing little boy, that has the biggest, sweetest, content attitude.. He tells you what he wants or needs, and then is pretty much laid back. He isn't feeling very good, but for what he is going through, he is a tough little squirt. God, I never new I could love him this way so quickly.

I know you want pictures, but my camara will not down load on this computer, so it will have to wait till I get home.

My trip here was painful... Delays after delays, I was supposed to be here in Guatemala at 6:45 am on Friday, but didn't get here till 9:30ish, and they were to bring little Angelo to me at 10. Well, the Delays after Delays, didn't stop at the airport, it even happened with them bringing me Angelo... Needless to say... PEOPLE FORGOT! I finally got to see that sweet little small fry around 4pm in the afternoon, and then we had a dinner date with Maya's Foster Family at 5. So it was really busy. We finally got to the room and tried to go to sleep... But small fry wouldn't have it.... Accordingly to the Foster Mother, he has been extremely constipated... She was right, I would rub his tummy, push his feet into his chest, warm water, everything... Nothing would work... He would sleep maybe an hour at a time... This has continued all weekend... He finally got his equipment working a few times, and felt alot better yesterday... So guess what he did... SLEEP! ALOT.... WHICH MEANS... That is why he refused to sleep from about 2am this morning till a few minutes ago.... He is laying flat on my chest as I type this...

There has been alot I learned about him... Like... He loves to lay on his side... He loves to be held against your chest... He loves to take bathes... He looks SO MUCH like Angelena, it isn't even funny... His little facial expressions and movements when he is sleeping, they must dream the same things... They is other things I found out about him too.... Like what kind of milk he like!!! He is soooo tiny, but mighty!

God I love him so much, and for those of you inquiring minds, that knew I was thinking about changing his name....

Here is what his name is and fits him PERFECT....


ANGELO EDWARD...


Yep... Not changing a thing!

more to come later.... Angelo is call.....

6 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I think the name is perfect!!! As for him crying and not sleeping, you know what to do. We figured that out the first day. Another inside joke!! I am so glad that I got to be with you the first time you met little Angelo. Hope he will soon be home forever.

Courty said...

Ellie, I am praying that the hand off won't be so emotional and that you will be back someday to bring him home with Angelina.

Karen D. said...

I am praying that it will be easier than you think! That is the hard part about visiting! Enjoy the time that you have with him!

Take Care!
Karen

redhawks said...

I'm glad you had such a great visit!! You'll be back for him b4 you know it...
Jen :)

Holly said...

His name is perfect! Sounds like you're having a wonderful, wonderful time...enjoy! Say hi to Ginger for me :-)

Wendy said...

He is gorgeous! I hope the hand off wasn't too bad and you will get to see him again soon.

What in the heck is going on with Ginger and Maya? I am worried sick! I am headed down next week and didn't think she would still be there, but now I am wondering???