Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Somber Day...The ups and downs in life

Well, all was going well yesterday when I got home from work. I rush out to the mailbox, to see if the LabCorp package was there (even I already knew the results)... It sure was... I have the picture of a lifetime for Angelo. His birthmother is holding when the DNA was taken. She hasn't changed much, her hair a little longer, but she still has that Not So Happy look on her face. Which I completely understand. And, Angelo is wearing the one of the outfits I took to him when I seen him. I am so glad that these kids don't really remember the pain and heart break that is around them when they are so young. I have thought about asking to meet the Kids Birthmother when I go to pickup Angelo. I am not sure about that yet... So back to the evening... I am in my bedroom looking at the results with my mom, and my cell phone rings...




First let me explain my sitituation... When we moved from TX, we put all our stuff into storage, and am staying with my sister. Where we are located, no animals are allowed. So, I ask my bother to keep one of my goldens, and my aunt to keep another. All was going well. Until my it was getting a little rough on my Aunt... So, I had called a long time family friend Penny and Bonnie, which happened to of had Jasmine's (my dog) Grandmother. They were willing to take Jasmine until my house sold in TX, and we found a place here in call. Last week, Penny emails me and joking around she indicated that she was going to put Jasmine in diapers. I asked why because I knew she has Liver problems, but if it was starting to effect her kidneys. Penny said no, she is just getting lazy and does her duty by the back door that is open, instead of going all the way out side. I kind of thought that was odd, because Jamine is well house trained, and when she does something like this, there is something wrong, including being depressed. Penny said she was fine, not to worry about it. Ok, back to the phone call.



Penny calls and asked me if Jasmine has ever had Grand mal seizures. I confirmed no. Well apparently she was having one, and it was extremely violent. So I told her I was on my way, and she was calling her Vet to see if she could come over. I get up to Napa , and Bonnie is sitting on the floor with Jasmine by the front door. Jasmine looke a little perky, but I noticed that half her face was drooping. I mentioned, she looked like she had a stroke. So I get down on the floor with Jasmine, and start talking to her and petting her, and she starts to have another seizure. Bonnie helps me and holds on to her, I tried to pull her tounge out of her mouth, but couldn't (note to self, NEVER stick you hand in a dogs mouth when they are having a seizure... Their mouth's have teeth). This seizure lasted about 3 minutes... We get her camled back down. Penny tries to call the Vet again, and appearently she is in San Diego. She suggested that we see if she has another, and if she does take her to the emergency vet, otherwise if she stops, she will see her in a few hours when she gets back into town. The vet hangs up and Jasmine goes into another seizure. This one isn't as rough, but it is longer. I couldn't stand to see Jasmine go though this again. She was my baby, she was my best friend, she was 16 years old, and had a wonderful life. So, we get her into the car, and I drive like a mad women to the Vet, I carry her half way in, and they come out with a gourney, and take her the rest of the way in. (I don't know where I got the strength to carry her myself, she is almost 80 lbs. I just scooped her out of the back seat, and started walking. Well, after a few discussions with the Vet, I called my mom and we thought the best thing for Jasmine was to let her go. This was one of the most hardest things in my life that I had to do.







This is one dog, that will truely be missed... I love you Jazzy....


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellie~

An anonymous hello from your latest SBP :)

I am so heartbroken to read your latest news. I know how difficult it is to say goodbye to a furry friend! My heart goes out to you and hope that you can recall the good times and the joy that Jasmine brought you. I'll be thinking of you and those adorable munchkins of yours :)

Kim said...

Ellie!! I'm SO sorry that you had to make that decision. I'm sitting here crying for you!! We had to put down one of my dogs last summer, and our dog of almost 12 years at the beginning of June. Our furry pals are our first babies, and your heart is going to hurt for a long time.

Give Angelena extra hugs and I'm so sorry!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Ellie,
I am soooo sorry!!

Liz G. said...

Oh Ellie,

Even though we've known this day was coming, it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking.

I'm sorry the end was so rough for you both - give Honey a hug when you can - and love on Angelena and your mom for me!

Deb said...

Ellie,

We are so sory that Jasmine is gone. Sending you hugs.

Love to you,
Momma and Little Bug

Shelby said...

Oh Ellie- I am a dog owner and lover myself and there are tears falling as I try and type this. I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling and the loss in your heart. Sending you cyber hugs.

Alleen said...

I'm so sorry to read this news. Our furbabies are part of our families and I know how hard it is to make this decision as I've had to do it several times. I'll be thinking of you. big hugs.

Ruth said...

I am soooo sorry! Animals are such a huge part of our families and to lose one is the worst.

Ruth

Gail said...

Ellie,
I am so sorry about the loss of your dear friend.
Gail

Unknown said...

My thoughts echo everyone else. It is so heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet. I am so sorry for your loss of Jazzy.
Jeanne

Wendy said...

Oh Ellie, I am crying my eyes out! I wish I was there to give you a great big hug....

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Eillie,
I feel for you. Our pets are our family. You made the right decision. You don't want her to suffer. You will always remember what a wonderful dog and friend she was. That pictures is so sweet.

My heart goes out to you and thinking of you!